Sous-vide FreshOTG, Small, Vacuum Pouch
Sous-vide FreshOTG bags are zipper bags that are designed to remove air for freezer burn protection and can work with Vacuum FreshOTG and Clip FreshOTG which brings the benefits of cuisine sous vide to the masses. Sous-vide FreshOTG takes the time out of marinating, too. Thanks to our vacuum technology, the marinade penetrates meat and fish quickly, adding the flavor you desire in just a few minutes.
FreshOTG sous-vide (zipper) pouches are made of laminated poly-nylon, featuring rugged multi-layer construction that provides excellent barrier properties for both oxygen and moisture vapor transmission which helps to extend the shelf life for a variety of food products. All pouches meet FDA and USDA requirements for food contact safety. These pouches are used in the vacuum packaging of meat, fish, poultry, cheese and other perishable food items, as well as sous vide cooking (a specialized cooking technique that involves cooking items contained in a vacuum pouch).
- Made of top quality laminated poly nylon
- Provide highest level of clarity, impact resistance, and strength with good flexibility
- Triple-seal construction
- Excellent barrier properties for both oxygen and moisture vapor transmission
- Extends shelf life for a variety of food products
- Meet FDA requirements for food contact
Product Code: S-30 Volume Approx Bag Size/Thickness Features Sous-vide Vacuum Pouch, Small Size, 30 Bags 1/4 Gallon/ 0.9L (W)7.68 x (L) 10.63 in. / 2.95 mil (75 micron) Zipper Closure N/A How to seal? Use FreshOTG Clip or any sealer
Store food in the refrigerator and freezer
Re-heat food in microwave oven or simmering water
Designed for Low Temperature Precision Cooking
Temperature tolerance Layer 374 °F
Nylon is an outstanding choice for heavy duty performance bags. In foodservice they are the preferred material for maximum vacuum pouch durability - such as storing and preserving meat product in long duration cold and freezer storage as well as cooking pan liners. When bags, liners and sheets are made from virgin polyethylene materials, they comply with FDA requirements to be in contact with food.
Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
Temperature tolerance Layer 239–275 °F Inner Layer Low Density Polyethylene is an excellent material for flexible packaging used for storage and transport of a variety of items. Bags made of LDPE are flexible, transparent and adaptable to many uses and come in a variety of thicknesses depending on the strength and security needed. When bags, liners and sheets are made from virgin polyethylene materials, they comply with FDA requirements to be in contact with food.
MUST KNOW ABOUT SOUS-VIDE COOKING
Sous-vide is a method of cooking in which food is sealed in airtight plastic bags then placed in a water bath or in a temperature-controlled steam environment for longer than normal cooking times—at an accurately regulated temperature much lower than normally used for cooking, typically around 55 °C (131 °F) to 60 °C (140 °F) for meat and higher for vegetables. The intent is to cook the item evenly, ensuring that the inside is properly cooked without overcooking the outside, and retain moisture.
- Sous-vide cooking must be performed under carefully controlled conditions to avoid botulism poisoning.
- Food that is heated and served within four hours is considered safe, but meat that is cooked for longer to tenderize must reach a temperature of at least 55 °C (131 °F) within four hours and then be kept there for sufficient time, in order to pasteurize the meat.
- At temperatures below 185 °F / 85 °C, you may use freezer zipper bags as sous-vide bags but at temperatures above 185 °F / 85 °C, the seams of freezer bags can fail, exposing your food to the water in the bath; therefore, sous-vide zipper pouches are recommended.